Wednesday 31 March 2010

I've got 12 new friends!

On facebook I mean, well, 10 if you discount my 2 actual real life friends. But they feel like real friends!
Everyone in the shiny happy world of burlesque is so super sweet! They really have welcomed me with open arms. It seems to be a case of the sum is greater than its parts in the burly world, everyone is so supportive to each other, there's no competitiveness, no cliquey-ness , no-one looks down on you because you're new or 'amateur' because almost every one is> It's not easy to make a living from being a burlesque performer and only a few super stars manage to do so.

And speaking of which... I just bought my tickets to Delicious Burlesque in Derby! I'm totally excited about seeing some of the UK's best burlesque performers... Kitty Klaw, Natsuni Scarlett and Vicky Butterfly to name but a few. Hopefully I'll pick up a few tips from watching their shows...

Unfortunatley it comes a little too late to help me with my stage debut in June. Gulp! But, luckily the London Burlesque Festival is but weeks away and I have tickets to the Battle Royale, where future burlesque stars battle it out for the ultimate prize of best newcomer! Maybe I'll be on that stage next year...!? Then again, maybe I should just concentrate on trying to win the Newbie show in June first..!

No comments:

Post a Comment